Hey there, lovely readers!
Have you been looking for a way to spruce up your fireplace mantel and bring some greenery into your home? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this post, we’ll be taking you through the 5 easy steps to styling a fireplace mantel with plants. Trust us, it’s a game changer.
First things first, let’s talk about why a fireplace mantel is a perfect spot for some plant love. Not only does it add a pop of color and life to your space, but it also helps purify the air and creates a calming atmosphere. And don’t even get us started on how good it looks in photos!
So, are you ready to turn your mantel into a green oasis? Let’s dive in!
Step 1: Choose The Right Plants
When selecting plants for your mantel, it’s important to think about things like the amount of light the area gets, the size of the plants, and how much maintenance you’re willing to do. No worries, though, because we’ve got some plant recommendations that are perfect for fireplace mantels. From tall, leafy ferns to cute and compact succulents, the options are endless. And to really make your mantel stand out, mix and match different types and sizes of plants for a boho-chic look.
- Ferns: Tall, leafy ferns are a classic choice for fireplace mantels. They add height, texture, and a touch of nature to any space.
- Succulents: Small and low maintenance, succulents are perfect for those who want to add some greenery to their mantel without having to do much work. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, making it easy to mix and match for a unique look.
- Hanging Plants: For a bohemian touch, consider hanging a variety of plants from your mantel. From ferns to ivy, hanging plants add dimension and interest to your display.
- African Violets: These petite plants are a great option for those who want to add some color to their mantel. They come in a range of hues, from pink to purple, and are low maintenance as long as they receive bright, indirect light.
- Air Plants: Another low-maintenance option, air plants are unique and eye-catching. They don’t need soil, making them perfect for a fireplace mantel, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Step 2: Preparing the Mantel
Now that you’ve got your plants picked out, it’s time to get your mantel ready. Clean it up and declutter any unnecessary items. Then, decide on a focal point – maybe it’s a centerpiece plant, a vase of flowers, or a collection of candles. Finally, choose some accessories to complement your plants and bring the whole look together.
Step 3: Arranging the Plants
The fun part! Arrange your plants on the mantel and experiment with different looks until you find the one that speaks to you. Remember, it’s all about balance. You want to create a harmonious look without making it look too cluttered. And don’t be afraid to add other elements, like books or candles, for an extra touch of personality.
Step 4: Maintaining the Plants
To keep your plants healthy and happy, you’ll need to give them some love and attention. Make sure to water and fertilize them properly, and keep an eye out for pests or diseases. And don’t forget to keep the mantel and surrounding area tidy to keep everything looking its best.
Step 5: Enjoying and Showcasing the Styled Mantel
Finally, it’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of your labor! Showcase your mantel as a work of art by incorporating it into your home décor. You can use it as a statement piece in the living room, or create a cozy corner with plants on the mantel in your bedroom. And don’t forget to give your plants some TLC to keep them looking their best for years to come.
And there you have it, folks! With these 5 simple steps, you can turn your fireplace mantel into a stunning green oasis. Whether you’re looking for a pop of color, a calming atmosphere, or just a way to bring the outdoors in, a mantel styled with plants is the perfect solution.